Roadmap for QSvn 0.8.0 finished

After the Release of QSvn 0.7.0 i have worked with it for a while now. In this time i found any issues and thinks, that can work better. So i created some new tickets. These and some older ones i have scheduled for QSvn 0.8.0. I think and hope that i can release the next version of QSvn later this year. The tickets are not to heavy in development but my sparetime is very rare the next couple of weeks. But i’ll look what i can do 🙂

For the moment enjoy QSvn 0.7.0 and report any issues with it to the ticket system. Remember that you must be logged in in order to create a new ticket. If you don’t have an account yet, simple register a new one.

Roadmap for QSvn 0.8.0 finished
Markiert in:

16 Gedanken zu „Roadmap for QSvn 0.8.0 finished

• 29. August, 2008 um 19:40

What do you mean with proxy-support? Access a repository through a proxy?

• 1. September, 2008 um 11:22

sorry, I asked the wrong question. 🙂 it seems qsvn ‚automatically‘ uses the configured web proxy in windows, but recently IT staff forces every application to authenticate to the proxy.. I see no way to configure qsvn to use authentication. Is it possible? AFAIR Qt supports that out of the box.
    I know IT staff is being silly (there are lots of programs not supporting authentication, let alone support a proxy..), but I’m stuck with their decision..

thanks

• 1. September, 2008 um 18:17

I don’t program anything for proxy-authentication. So all what now works is out of the box.

If you have problems or need to authorize qsvn directly on the proxy, please create a new ticket.

Thanks,
    ar

• 26. September, 2008 um 0:09

Hello, I’m trying to build svn version on kubuntu, but I have many Qt versions installed. How can I point out which Qt cmake should use?

• 26. September, 2008 um 12:44

cmake check the directories in your PATH environment variable to find Qt. So you must set your PATH to your Qt-installation and then run cmake.

Greetings,
    ar

• 26. September, 2008 um 16:17

I got this error, why could this happen:
    Linking CXX executable bin/qsvn
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsvnqt-qt4
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[2]: *** [bin/qsvn] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/qsvn.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Start processing tests
    Test project /home/alexei/Loads/tmp/trunk/build
    1/ 2 Testing simpletest Could not find executable /home/alexei/Loads/tmp/trunk/build/tests/bin/simpletest
    Looked in the following places:

• 28. September, 2008 um 12:03

Hi Alexei,

your compile-problem is fixed in trunk now. Only the windows-version will need more work to compile again. I’ll try to fix it today.

• 28. September, 2008 um 20:32

It builds great now but when trying to execute it says
    until I run it from build dir. Something with Install script…

• 29. September, 2008 um 9:10

Try to add /usr/local/lib (/usr/local/lib64 on 64bit) to your ld-config and call ldconfig. That should solve your problem.

• 6. Oktober, 2008 um 12:50

When using v0.7.0, I have a problem with adding files. Normally, I would copy new files to my local svn build dir, QSvn would recognize it and mark it with a „?“ so I can select those files to add them for a commit. Now, however, I will not see such files any more. Changed (modified) files are still recognized, but any new entries seem to be completely ignored.

• 6. Oktober, 2008 um 16:05

Hi NightFright,

that’s a known problem in QSvn 0.7.0. It’s already fixed for 0.8.0 but not released yet.

Greetings,
    ar

• 6. Oktober, 2008 um 19:12

Ah, OK. Good to know. Guess I’ll use v0.6.1 till then. I hope development of v0.8.0 is proceeding well enough. Keep up the good work, you got one of the best SVN clients out there IMHO. Self-contained, small in size and easy to use.

• 6. Oktober, 2008 um 19:17

I prepare QSvn 0.7.1 with the fix at the moment. So you doesn’t need to downgrade to QSvn 0.6.1. Only wait a few minutes 🙂

Thanks for the flowers 🙂

Greetings,
    ar

• Pingback: QSvn 0.7.1 released | Andreas Richter

• 25. Februar, 2009 um 0:09

Clarification on solution for qsvn: error while loading shared libraries: libsvnqt4.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory presented by ar on 29 september 2008–

If using Ubuntu Linux, ld-config referred to in solution can be found in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/i486-linux-gnu.conf (assuming, of course, you are running x86 architecture.) Just add the line referred to and run ’sudo ldconfig‘ and qsvn will start without error.

Ben